Sunday, December 8, 2013

An Introduction

I could introduce myself, but I'm not that interesting.  I do however, anthropomorphize my gear. 

Georgianna Wilson is the ball that gets me through the days after long training runs and the runs that I run faster than I should.  This is  a picture of her cousin, since I don't have a picture of her.   They look a lot alike, except her name is printed on her in black sharpie.  I call her "Georgie" for short. This is weird, and I get that.  The good news is that my partner understands my sickness.  He calls her Georgie too, and understands when I would rather roll on the floor with her. 




"Oh Shit" was named when I first got him...actually before I bought him...as I tried him out for the first time in the middle of the REI.  For the record, I'm not usually in the habit of shouting profanity in public.  Just after my first (and only so far) half marathon, I met my periformis.  Oh Shit and I became very good friends shortly thereafter, and it was love at first---oh shit.



I am not, nor will I ever be, a "runner".  I will, however, jog gleefully through as many days as my feet and life will allow.  My intention behind this blog is to stay accountable to myself through all aspects of my training.  I'd like to run a second half marathon in spring of 2014 and do a full in the fall of 2014.  We'll see where I can go from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment