Thursday, December 12, 2013

On the Streets Where I Live!

I love, love, love living in Denver.  Really, there is no place on earth I would rather be! (To the point that it inspires me to poorly and impulsively rework the lyrics to show tunes to meet my needs).  Today was a glorious more-than-50-degrees.  Far better than the sub zero of last week. 

I am lucky, too, that my boss decided that we should break early for the day. I bounded out of the office at  2:45 or so, threw on my running gear, and headed out to the bike path.  I grinned like an idiot the whole time (perhaps not the most politically correct term, but really folks, I was pretty darn happy). 

I abandoned the whole idea of intervals, because truth be told I don't run intervals well when I'm not on a treadmill.  I am sure that this is a skill I should develop, but today was not that day.  Today was not a day to get serious, rather it was a day to play and revel in the glory of an amazing time and place.  Still, my pace time was pretty darn awesome, at about 20 seconds faster than I usually run. I also overshot my training plan/scheduled distance by 25%, but I really was having too much fun to quit when I should have. 

Fingers crossed...it should be awesome weather this weekend, so I should be able to get the training run outside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment