Tuesday, December 31, 2013

End Scene

I didn't blog, but I ran 19.9 miles last week.  2 more miles than organized by my training plan, and about 19.9 more than I did in the same week last year.  I got in a couple of glorious runs in Indiana, and felt like a total badass as I shaved a half a minute off of my pace time without even working that hard.  It was fun!

I also got to meet my new nephew.  He likes being held while I do squats.  If he lived closer to me, I would have a derriere that you could bounce quarters off of...though I'm pretty sure that isn't the sole reason I would love having the little guy around.  He's awesome and beautiful and I swear I am not biased!

I have also been well pantsed this holiday season.  I got  a too good to be real, totally amazing,  0-40 degree pair of pants with a holiday bonus gift card from my employers. THEN I got another gift card which was used to supreme advantage (total savings of 54% off all purchases) to get 2 more pairs of tights and a pair of capris.  Now my running is going to have to live up to the quality of my gear.  Still, after a year of pretty solid running, I think this whole running thing is going to stick. 

According to my Garmin, I've run over 100 miles this month...in December of 2012, I ran a smidge over 47.  That's an improvement that I could get excited about.  Tomorrow will be about setting goals, but today is about celebrating the last year of running, my first half marathon, and maybe sticking with something long enough to have a vague sense of belonging and identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment