Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Easy Running?

I love that the more that I run, the more I want to run.  It's an important life lesson, remembering to put forth the effort to do the things that make us feel good.  I had a long, boring day at work, and looking forward to the evening's run was what kept me going.  It's also the one thing that I know will let me feel like there was an accomplishment for the day. Set a goal, achieve it.  It really is that simple...especially as a distance runner.  I keep reading that getting the miles in that really makes the difference. 

Today's run was supposed to be an "easy" run.  I confess that I'm not particularly good at these, particularly on the treadmill.  I like numbers.  I like to see the progression of numbers always increasing.  It really gets my goat a bit that my "average weekly pace" is going to go down this week because I did the monster hill run yesterday.  I may need to rethink that as an indicator of improvement--still, it's nice to see improvements in pace! 

My run tonight was good and solid.  I may try some intervals tomorrow, but I don't think that I can do crazy tempo runs and crazy hill runs in a week that only has 5 running days.  My body is a bit cranky today, but I'm not crippled by any stretch of the imagination.  I really was kind of afraid last night that I wouldn't be able to walk up the stairs today, so this is a good thing. 

Good news too!  Tomorrow should be warm enough for an outside run...maybe a break from the numbers will be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment